Monday, July 31, 2017

The Teacher takes Classes

Each year I try to take at least one workshop. I think it is good for the teacher to become the student. I always learn something new by putting on this new 'hat'.  This Spring/Summer I outdid myself!  I decided to expand my knowledge and skills by taking 3 (yes THREE) workshops.

First was a 2-day session to learn more about using my longarm machine. This seminar was hosted by Cloth Castle here in the Victoria area. Marjiree Kale (HandiQuilter Ambassador) showed us how to use stencils and templates to begin a design on the first day and the 2nd day was all about feathers.














I have quite a bit of experience with free-hand quilting on my machine but this gave me lots of ideas for future quilts. We had time to test our ideas on the 2 machines that were set up in the store. Now....if I could just have more time for quilting!




Tomorrow I'll tell you about how I've 'dipped my toes' into the Paint Pot!

No comments: