Sunday, October 22, 2017

Hawaii - Part 1

My husband and I have just returned from 10 glorious days on Maui.  It was time for some Rest and Relaxation...and a bit of quilting for good measure.

In this first post I'll show you where we stayed and a few pictures as we travelled around the island.

Pictures from Kula Botanical Garden will be posted in a couple of days - I know you expect me to show gardens!

And quilting pictures will be after that.

We stayed in the Kihei area at the Kamaole Sands condos. This was the view from our lanai. We even had a slight water view!


The centre garden was lovingly cared for by an amazing team of gardeners who pruned, primped and even picked up the flowers that blew out of the trees overnight!


We spent time at several beaches....




drove up the coast to Lahaina and Ka'anapali


and to Wailea, where we wandered around the Fairmont Kea Lani Resort.
  .


We saw bananas at the 'factory',


bougainvillea hedges


and nēnē on the golf course.
 









2 comments:

Bob said...

Beautiful pics, Daphne. We were there in June for two weeks just down from you at Building 7 #102. I BBQed at the station in your first pic nearly every night.

Daphne Greig said...

It was a great place to stay Bob. I highly recommend our unit - 7 #307!